For those of you that follow me on Instagram at you’ll have seen that I received the Fan Empire Hogwarts House box. Fan Empire is a subscription box that will send out 4-6 items monthly of fandom merchandise for 14.95 plus shipping and handling. Well here’s my thoughts on the box and my experience. What did I like? What didn’t I like? Is it worth your money? Keep on reading to find out!
Well, another month has come and gone! And guys, I saw some leaves on the ground! Fall is just around the corner and I could not be more excited!! But another month ending means that it is that time again, time for another monthly favorites post! This one is my monthly favorites-August post. everything that I’ve been loving from the month of August. Spoilers, there was a lot of Disney!
My sisters and I love going to SLC Comic Con! I always have a really great time, and one of my favorite things to do is to go to the celebrity panels! Because this way, even if you can’t pay to get a photo op with ALL of your favorite celebrities at least you’ll be able to see them and hear their stories. 🙂 A word of advice if you are planning on attending panels, get the SLC Comic Con app that will tell you the most up to date schedule on panels. Here is a list of my top five celebrity panels!
Top Trumps is a game that my sisters and I discovered on a trip to California. We found it in a nerd shop called Whimsic Alley. Seriously, this shop was like a little piece of nerd heaven. My sister got the Doctor Who Top Trumps game (which is awesome and super fun!) at the shop. When I got home I went on to Amazon and found the Harry Potter Top Trumps game!! Keep on reading if you want to find out my thoughts on the game. To find out what I liked about it, and what wasn’t so great.
Can you believe it is already August?! I feel like it was just January and now we’re eight months into the year! Where did all the time go?? But with a new month comes a new monthly favorites post! Check out my monthly favorites-July post! These are all the things that I’ve been loving this past month! Keep on reading to find out what they are. 🙂
If you haven’t figured it out by now, I LOVE making stuff!! I especially love making Harry Potter stuff!! I had a blank wall space underneath my Harry Potter shelf that was just CALLING out for some Harry Potter art. So of course, I made some! I found an idea on Youtube and modified it so fit me and I love it!! So here is a SUPER CHEAP Harry Potter wall art DIY!
DIY-Harry Potter wall art for CHEAP!
It finally happened!!! It’s about 17 years late but I finally got my Hogwarts acceptance letter!! Now the real question is are you going to get yours?
Hogwarts acceptance letter
I’m back after a lovely vacation in North Carolina!! Well friends it is the end of another month, and you know what that means… another monthly favorites post!! And this month’s favorites are very Harry Potter themed, in fact it is all Harry Potter stuff!! My sister and my dad went to England and bought me some Harry Potter stuff over there. 😀
- The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook- I finally got this book from Amazon! It has been on my wish list for literally years! I can’t wait to give these recipes a try! The pumpkin pasties one looks especially tasty! And so does the fizzy sherbet pouches. 😀
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone-My sister got this for me over in London when she went to the Warner Bros Studio tour and I love it!!!! It’s so beautiful, plus it’s the Slytherin one! This book is available from Amazon.
- Deathly Hallows necklace-My sister also picked this up for me when she was in England. This is from the Harry Potter shop at Platform 9 and 3/4. I haven’t been able to locate it any where else. I’ve wanted a small Deathly Hallows necklace for quite some time and all the ones that I’ve seen are about and inch tall or more. I saw a Youtuber that I follow wearing this necklace, Cherry Wallis, and she told me where she bought it. Thank you Cherry! So I of course asked my sister to get it for me when she went over there. It’s it just perfect?!
- Gringotts coin necklaces-I talked about these coins before in a previous post. I bought them back in March at FanX and I’ve been saying I would make them into necklaces when I got the Gringotts coins from Amazon. Well I FINALLY did it!! And I love them! Because from far away it looks like just a regular circular pendant. But in actuality I am sporting my Harry Potter pride!
- Flying Cauldron Butterscotch Beer soda-My roommate found this soda in a grocery store and was so kind and bought it for me. You can get this soda online at Amazon. This is a NON-ALCHOLIC drink and it tastes delicious!! It’s a Butterbeer-like soda and I’ve had Butterbeer in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, while this isn’t a substitute for the real Butterbeer this is definitely the next best thing!!!
- Butterbeer candle- I made this for a my DIY post this past month and I love it!! It turned out so much better than I expected it to! It has a lovely subtle scent which is perfect for me! It’s fabulous for infusing my bedroom with the scent of Butterbeer when watching a Harry Potter movie or reading one of the Harry Potter books.
What have you been enjoying this past month? Leave them in the comments below so that I can check them out!
Come to the Nerd Side,
PS-Be sure to follow me on Twitter at @cometothenerd.
I love doing DIYs! They are so fun and then you have a really cool item. That when people compliment you can say, “Thanks, I made that.” And wow them with your awesome craftiness! This month I decided to make a Butterbeer candle. I love how it smells and I love how it turned out!
Subscribe to stay updated
Get updates on new blog posts and more fun nerdy stuffs!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.