Have you seen those super cute Mickey Mouse ears that you can buy at Disneyland/. More importantly have you seen the price tag of those ears? What if I were to tell you that you could make your own for a fraction of the cost?? Would you be interested? Because I certainly was!!
Top Trumps is a game that my sisters and I discovered on a trip to California. We found it in a nerd shop called Whimsic Alley. Seriously, this shop was like a little piece of nerd heaven. My sister got the Doctor Who Top Trumps game (which is awesome and super fun!) at the shop. When I got home I went on to Amazon and found the Harry Potter Top Trumps game!! Keep on reading if you want to find out my thoughts on the game. To find out what I liked about it, and what wasn’t so great.
Can you believe it is already August?! I feel like it was just January and now we’re eight months into the year! Where did all the time go?? But with a new month comes a new monthly favorites post! Check out my monthly favorites-July post! These are all the things that I’ve been loving this past month! Keep on reading to find out what they are. 🙂
Disney Descendants 2
You saw this one coming didn’t you? 🙂 I mean after my last post you would have had to! The music in this movie really is amazing!! I really loved watching it and can’t wait for it to be released on DVD on August 15!!
DIY Harry Potter wall art
If you read my previous post you will have seen this already, but I am still in LOVE with it!! I am so proud of the way that it turned out! And I loved the fact that I made the pdf myself. 😀 I have the posted on my wall where I can see it every day, and I love just as much as when I first made it!
“Happee Birthdae Harry” cake
You probably already know that July 31 is Harry Potter and JK Rowling’s birthday. And you MIGHT have seen me post this picture on Instagram. 😉 But to celebrate I decided to make a replica of the cake that Hagrid gives Harry in the Sorceror’s Stone. And you know what? I’m pretty darn proud of the way that it turned out! It took me quite a while to find the closest shade of pink to Hagrid’s cake I could (and yes I know the green is more bright than Hagrids, but I did my best!). Not bad for my first time making a double layer cake!
Simplicity patterns were on sale at my local Joann’s and I couldn’t resist! Especially when I saw the gold dress pattern from Beauty and the Beast! I’m one step closer to checking that item of my nerd bucket list!! And the rest of the costumes, I love them all!! Now the hard part, which pattern to choose to make first??
Mickey Mouse fabric
I saw this fabric at Wal-Mart and I fell in love with it! It’s simplistic but still clear that those are little Mickey faces! So it’s perfect when I want to show my Disney love but not be over the top with it. 🙂 I can’t wait to show you what I have planned for this fabric! Stay tuned for my next DIY post. 😉
What do you think? What have you been loving this past month? Please leave them in a comment below so that I can go and check them out!
Come to the Nerd Side,
PS-I get to go to Downtown Disney on Saturday!!!!
Last week on Friday I drove down to visit my sister so we see Disney’s Descendants 2 together. She has Disney channel and I don’t. 😉 My sister and I LOVED the first one and sang the songs for days! We got together with a bunch of people and made a girls night out of it. So what did I think of the movie? Is it something that I would recommend for you to take the time to see? Keep reading to find out my thoughts!
If you haven’t figured it out by now, I LOVE making stuff!! I especially love making Harry Potter stuff!! I had a blank wall space underneath my Harry Potter shelf that was just CALLING out for some Harry Potter art. So of course, I made some! I found an idea on Youtube and modified it so fit me and I love it!! So here is a SUPER CHEAP Harry Potter wall art DIY!
DIY-Harry Potter wall art for CHEAP!
I am a REALLY organized person and like to prepare for things WAY early! (Yes, I have already started planning Christmas gifts.) Salt Lake Comic Con is scheduled for September 21-23 and while that may seem like a long ways away, it will be here before you know it! So here are 3 things that I am currently doing now to prepare for Comic Con.
3 Things I doing NOW to prepare for Comic Con
It finally happened!!! It’s about 17 years late but I finally got my Hogwarts acceptance letter!! Now the real question is are you going to get yours?
Hogwarts acceptance letter
I’m back after a lovely vacation in North Carolina!! Well friends it is the end of another month, and you know what that means… another monthly favorites post!! And this month’s favorites are very Harry Potter themed, in fact it is all Harry Potter stuff!! My sister and my dad went to England and bought me some Harry Potter stuff over there. 😀
- The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook- I finally got this book from Amazon! It has been on my wish list for literally years! I can’t wait to give these recipes a try! The pumpkin pasties one looks especially tasty! And so does the fizzy sherbet pouches. 😀
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone-My sister got this for me over in London when she went to the Warner Bros Studio tour and I love it!!!! It’s so beautiful, plus it’s the Slytherin one! This book is available from Amazon.
- Deathly Hallows necklace-My sister also picked this up for me when she was in England. This is from the Harry Potter shop at Platform 9 and 3/4. I haven’t been able to locate it any where else. I’ve wanted a small Deathly Hallows necklace for quite some time and all the ones that I’ve seen are about and inch tall or more. I saw a Youtuber that I follow wearing this necklace, Cherry Wallis, and she told me where she bought it. Thank you Cherry! So I of course asked my sister to get it for me when she went over there. It’s it just perfect?!
- Gringotts coin necklaces-I talked about these coins before in a previous post. I bought them back in March at FanX and I’ve been saying I would make them into necklaces when I got the Gringotts coins from Amazon. Well I FINALLY did it!! And I love them! Because from far away it looks like just a regular circular pendant. But in actuality I am sporting my Harry Potter pride!
- Flying Cauldron Butterscotch Beer soda-My roommate found this soda in a grocery store and was so kind and bought it for me. You can get this soda online at Amazon. This is a NON-ALCHOLIC drink and it tastes delicious!! It’s a Butterbeer-like soda and I’ve had Butterbeer in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, while this isn’t a substitute for the real Butterbeer this is definitely the next best thing!!!
- Butterbeer candle- I made this for a my DIY post this past month and I love it!! It turned out so much better than I expected it to! It has a lovely subtle scent which is perfect for me! It’s fabulous for infusing my bedroom with the scent of Butterbeer when watching a Harry Potter movie or reading one of the Harry Potter books.
What have you been enjoying this past month? Leave them in the comments below so that I can check them out!
Come to the Nerd Side,
PS-Be sure to follow me on Twitter at @cometothenerd.
We all love a good Disney hero/heroine, but what about the Disney villains?? I can’t be the ONLY person who has a favorite Disney villain?! Are we giving the villains the love that they deserve? And let’s be honest for a moment, the villains get the some of best songs!! Case and point; Scar sings ‘Be Prepared’, Prince Hans sings ‘Love is an Open Door’, and Mother Gothel sings ‘Mother Knows Best’. All great songs!
My favorite Disney villain!
I love doing DIYs! They are so fun and then you have a really cool item. That when people compliment you can say, “Thanks, I made that.” And wow them with your awesome craftiness! This month I decided to make a Butterbeer candle. I love how it smells and I love how it turned out!
Subscribe to stay updated
Get updates on new blog posts and more fun nerdy stuffs!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.